Low Calorie Slimming Breakfast : 5 examples of breakfasts to lose weight
Low Calorie Slimming Breakfast, often referred to as the king’s meal, is a key moment of the day. Very important to break the overnight fast and start the day on the right foot, it is however often shipped. Lack of time and appetite are two factors that push to turn to the easy solutions, In this article, discover 5 quick examples of breakfast to lose weight.
What should a balanced breakfast consist of to lose weight ?
Low Calorie Slimming Breakfast is a very important meal for the body. Numerous studies have also demonstrated the value of a balanced breakfast in preventing overweight and associated health problems. However, not all breakfasts are created equal. Especially since supermarkets are full of breakfast products intended to make our lives easier but which are not always frankly balanced: pastries, cookies, cereals, industrial fruit juices, etc.
What does the ideal breakfast to lose weight consist of ?
- One fruit or equivalent: 100% pure juice, whole fruit, compote, etc.
- A source of lean protein: dairy, cheese, eggs, lean meat, etc.
- Cereals rich in fiber: oats, wholemeal bread, cereal bread, rusks, unsweetened cereals, etc.
- Quality lipids: margarine, vegetable oil, oilseeds, seeds, etc.
- An unsweetened drink to rehydrate the body: coffee, tea, herbal tea, lemon water, infused water, 100% pure juice, etc.
In practice, here are 5 easy and quick recipes to prepare for a perfect Low Calorie Slimming Breakfast.
Oat bran porridge, the ideal breakfast to lose weight
For 1 person
- 2 tbsp. oat bran
- 150 ml of almond or cow’s milk
- 1 C. of honey
- 2 drops of liquid vanilla extract
- 100 g of seasonal fruits: red fruits, pear, apple, mango, etc.
- 5 crushed almonds
- First, to make the oat bran porridge, put the milk and liquid vanilla extract in a saucepan. Heat gently then add the honey and stir until it dissolves.
- Then, incorporate the oatmeal in the hot milk and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Once the desired consistency is achieved, place in a ramekin and let cool.
- Ideally, this oat bran porridge to be made the day before and must spend a night in the fridge.
- Just before serving, roughly chop the fruit. Then, place them on top with the crushed almonds of the porridge before tasting it very fresh.
Why choose oat bran porridge for a diet breakfast?
Very easy to make, oat bran porridge brings together all the elements for a successful breakfast: dairy products, whole grains, the quality lipids contained in almonds and fruits. Accompanied by a hot drink, it is perfect!
Red berry smoothie bowl, a concentrate of nutrients for breakfast
For 1 person
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 150 g of red fruits
- 100 ml of vegetable milk
- 1 C. chia seeds
- 1 C. grated coconut
- Some red fruits for decoration
- First, to make the smoothie bowl with berries, start by washing your berries thoroughly in clean water.
- Then, in the bowl of a blender, place the half frozen banana, the red fruits and the vegetable milk. Mix until a smooth and homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Once the smoothie is blended, place it in a bowl then sprinkle it with fresh berries, grated coconut and Chia seeds. It’s ready !
Why is the smoothie bowl ideal for a slimming breakfast?
The smoothie bowl can be made with all the fruits you have available. Concentrated in antioxidants, fibers and vitamins, it is a great way to fill up with nutrients as soon as you wake up. Also, it is quick to prepare and very filling.
Complete toast with avocado and cream cheese
For 1 person
- 50 g wholemeal bread
- ½ avocado
- 1 fresh square
- The juice of half a lemon
- A few pumpkin seeds
- Salt pepper
- To make the complete avocado and cheese toast, start by toasting your slices of wholemeal bread for a few minutes in the oven or in the toaster.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, roughly mash the avocado with the fresh rack and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Finally, on the slices of toast, place the cheese and avocado mixture. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a few pumpkin seeds for more texture.
Why is a complete avocado toast an ideal breakfast for losing weight?
Very quick to make, this avocado toast recipe contains lots of good nutrients: quality unsaturated fat, dietary fiber, calcium and protein. Lemon juice is also excellent for stimulating the digestive system in the morning!
Chia pudding, the recipe for a successful diet breakfast
For 1 person
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 200 ml of vegetable or cow’s milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 C. of honey
- 120 g apple
- 5 hazelnuts
- First, to make the chia pudding, place the milk and cinnamon in a ramekin then mix.
- Then add the Chia seeds. Let the mixture swell for two hours to overnight. Ideally, this recipe is prepared the night before for breakfast the next day.
- When ready to serve, add the diced apple on top of the chia pudding. Then, sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts and honey.
Why is chia pudding a perfect balanced breakfast for weight loss?
This recipe, which can be made in less than 5 minutes, is a concentrate of nutrients. The Chia seed is very rich in fiber, Omega-3 and minerals. Cinnamon and honey avoid adding sugar to this breakfast which is therefore completely healthy!
Homemade Oat Bran Cereal Bars
For 2 cereal bars
- 50 g oatmeal
- ¼ of a ripe banana
- 15 g of hazelnuts
- 10 raisins
- ½ tsp. bitter cocoa
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- First, to make homemade cereal bars with oat bran, preheat your oven to 180 ° C (th. 6). Rehydrate the raisins for 5 minutes in hot water.
- In the bowl of a blender, mix the banana with the bitter cocoa and honey.
- Then, in a bowl, combine the oatmeal, crushed hazelnuts and rehydrated raisins. Incorporate the mixed banana mixture into this preparation. Then, mix well so that the banana completely permeates the dry ingredients.
- Then, on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, spread the mixture to a thickness of 1.5 cm. Bake for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, the preparation should be golden brown.
- Finally, cut out two cereal bars. You can multiply the quantities, these cereal bars keep very well in an airtight box.
Why are homemade granola bars a good weight loss breakfast?
These homemade cereal bars are a great healthy alternative to traditional industrial cereal bars. Rich in fiber and very low in sugar, they are ideal for a slimming breakfast on the go. Indeed, it is the banana, raisins and honey that are used here as 100% natural binders and sweeteners.